In order to volunteer with us, you must complete four steps in order. Once the steps are complete, you'll be a Make-A-Wish Illinois volunteer who helps to grant wishes for children with critical illnesses!
- Attend a volunteer information session - Sit in on a digital webinar, where you'll learn about Make-A-Wish Illinois' mission to grant wishes for children with critical illnesses and how you can help. Find the upcoming webinar dates on our calendar page, and click their links to register.
- Fill out application - Once you are done with one of our webinars, you will receive a link to complete our volunteer application from a Make-A-Wish staff member. This is used as a preliminary screening tool, and incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Chat with a volunteer - Once you finish the application, you'll speak with a Make-A-Wish Illinois volunteer representative to get your questions answered and allow us to learn more about you in a personal way.
- Submit your paperwork - After talking with a Make-A-Wish Illinois representative, you will be asked to complete a criminal background check and submit final paperwork.
- Welcome! - You are officially now a volunteer for Make-A-Wish Illinois! You are an integral part of delivering the mission of Make-A-Wish Illinois.